This week Borland introduced Borland® JBuilder® 9, the latest version of the industry-leading JavaTM development solution, changing the way enterprises build high-performance Java-based applications. By including Borland® OptimizeitTM Suite 5.5, the newest version of the award-winning Borland performance assurance solution, JBuilder 9 helps enterprises address performance issues early in the development lifecycle, building quality in from the start. Designed to accelerate the application development lifecycle, Borland solutions help enterprises improve team productivity to deliver better software, faster.
“Whether enterprises choose a complete Borland solution or a combination of products from different vendors, JBuilder 9 is designed to provide integration across the application development lifecycle, helping each phase work together efficiently,” said George Paolini, vice president and general manager of Java solutions at Borland. “JBuilder comes in a choice of editions, offering an award-winning solution that enables developers of all levels to work in their own style — with no vendor lock-in.”
JBuilder 9 introduces a major step forward in productivity for advanced Java with the delivery of JBuilder 9 Developer. This solution is designed to increase productivity for code-centric developers, giving them more control over their code, yet making complex tasks easier.
For development teams looking to simplify J2EETM applications and speed time to market, Optimizeit Suite 5.5 is now included within JBuilder 9 Enterprise, simplifying the task of finding and solving performance issues. The OptimizeitTM Automatic Memory Leak Detector makes it easy to keep code running fast and efficiently, and the new OptimizeitTM Progress Tracker enables development teams to continuously monitor and measure the impact of performance changes by allowing them to compare visual snapshots of their progress. The integration of this technology as part of the build process makes performance management an integral part of the devlopment process, allowing organizations to manage performance throughout the development lifecycle.
Further illustrating the Borland commitment to interoperability, JBuilder 9 provides support for a wide range of Java technologies, including enhanced Web services support. JBuilder 9 Developer and Enterprise now include an integrated solution for building mobile Java applications for Mobile Information Device Profile (MIDP) devices from Nokia, Siemens, Sprint, Sony Ericsson and others.
“Our collaboration with Borland is designed to directly addresses customer needs,” said Scott Dietzen chief technology officer of BEA Systems. “By reducing complexity and enhancing developer productivity, the Borland Application Development Lifecycle Management strategy complements the BEA commitment to investment protection.”
JBuilder 9 also includes the successful integration of technology acquired in the recent Borland acquisition of StarBase. Inclusion of Borland® StarTeam® client provides valuable version control and configuration management capabilities to enhance team collaboration and assist enterprises in navigating the phases of the application lifecycle. JBuilder 9 also includes integration with Borland® Together® Edition for JBuilder®. This powerful modeling tool is available in the Borland. Enterprise Studio for JavaTM.
Features and Benefits
Borland® JBuilder® 9
JBuilder 9 includes a number of new enterprise-level enhancements to help customers deliver better software, faster.
- The inclusion of Borland® OptimizeitTM Suite provides complete performance management capabilities to help developers deliver high-quality code, faster
- Support for the entire application development lifecycle including Borland. StarTeam® and Borland® Together® Edition for JBuilder®
- Project and project group management features to make team collaboration easier
- Source code management system support including CVS, ClearCase®, Visual SourceSafe® protect investments in other tools and allows developers to access them right from within the JBuilder environment
- New Configurable Smart Code templates automate common coding tasks so developers can generate code faster with minimal typing
- New Web Services Wizards enable faster, easier construction and connection of Enterprise JavaBeansTM with Web- based front ends
- Advances in Javadoc Insight make it easier to document code for maintainability and reuse.
- Enhanced Borland® ErrorInsightTM helps developers pinpoint coding errors on the fly and fix them faster
- New Export to ApacheTM Ant allows exporting a JBuilder project to an Ant build file which can be used to integrate with enterprise build systems
- Additional deployment flexibility with new support and automatic deployment for WebLogic® 8.1, WebSphere® 5.0, Borland® Enterprise Server 5.2 and Sybase® EAServer 4.2.
For more information, visit http://www.borland.com/jbuilder/index.html.
Borland® OptimizeitTM Suite 5.5
The latest release of this award-winning performance assurance solution includes:
- Borland® OptimizeitTM Progress Tracker tracks the impact of performance changes throughout the development cycle
- Even lower overhead to ensure a realistic test environment
- BEA. JRockit support
- Intuitive interface provides information in an easy-to-use display
- Support for all major Integrated Development Environments, including seamless integration with Borland® JBuilder®
- Support for all versions of JavaTM
- Support for all major applications servers and inclusion of a new wizard for Borland. Enterprise Server 5.2.1 and WebLogic® 8.1
- Multiple operating system support, including: Windows®, Solaris®, and Linux®
For more information, visit http://www.borland.com/optimizeit/index.html
JBuilder 9 can be purchased now from Borland and from authorized software resellers. English language editions of JBuilder 9 Enterprise and Developer are scheduled to ship later this month, followed by German, Japanese and French language editions in June.