Free Code Camp has released the results of a survey of 15,624 of its users, and it revealed some interesting facts about the demographics of people who take free online programming classes. Not surprisingly, only 21 percent of them are women, and the median age is fairly young—27 years old. And 40 percent of them would like to freelance or start their own businesses.
Other interesting tidbits included the following:
- Only 18 percent of those surveyed would like to work for a startup.
- 28 percent of those surveyed have already landed a development job.
- 70 percent were interested in working in Web development.
- On average they use three different online resources for learning to code.
- 58 percent of those who have completed a bootcamp program found a full-time job afterward.
- 58 percent of those surveyed have at least a bachelor’s degree.