Vendor Apigee has released its 2013 Mobile App Behavior which polled 762 smartphone owners in the U.S., UK, Germany, France and Spain about their app use. The survey found good news for the mobile development industry–people are addicted to their apps. Here are some highlights:
- 83 percent of those surveyed (and 93 percent in Spain) said they couldn’t get through a day without mobile apps.
- The three “most critical” apps were email, Facebook, and the alarm/clock.
- 32 percent of those surveyed said they couldn’t wake up without their apps.
- 23 percent said they couldn’t be happy without their apps.
- 19 percent said they couldn’t maintain relationships without their apps.
- 85 percent would rather go without water than without apps.