Millennial Media has just published a new report titled “State of the App Industry Snapshot 2014.” Based on survey data, the report offers an overview of the mobile development industry. Key takeaways include the following:
- In 2014, 60 percent of mobile developers expect to have five or more apps in app stores, up from 36 percent who said the same in 2013.
- 80 percent of mobile developers write apps for Android, making it the most popular platform.
- 41 percent of Android developers also make iOS apps; 67 percent of iOS developers also make Android apps.
- 83 percent of mobile development firms are monetizing their apps.
- 74 percent of developers write “universal” apps that can run on either a smartphone or a tablet.