Stack Overflow has released the results of its annual developer survey, which polled more than 64,000 developers around the world. Some of the more interesting findings included the following:
- More than 50 percent of developers have been coding professionally for five years or less; only 7.5 percent of respondents had 20 years of experience or more.
- Only 13.1 percent of developers are actively looking for a job, but 75.2 percent would be interested in hearing about new opportunities.
- 44.9 percent of respondents believe they are somewhat underpaid, and 11.6 percent believe they are greatly underpaid.
- 53.3 percent said being able to work remotely is a top priority.
- Go and Scala developers earn the most money.
- Rust, SmallTalk and TypeScript are the most loved languages.
- Visual Basic 6, VBA and CoffeeScript are the most dreaded languages.
- Only 7.6 percent of the developers in the survey identified themselves as female.