A new comScore study called the 2015 Mobile App Report reveals how important apps are becoming to our lives. Key findings for the mobile development industry include the following:
- The majority of the time people spend with digital media (54 percent) is spent in mobile apps.
- Millennials spend 90.6 hours per month on smartphone apps and 34.7 hours per month on tablet apps.
- The average person spends 68.2 hours per month on smartphone apps and 29.6 hours per month on tablet apps.
- Mobile users spend 87 percent of their time in apps and 13 percent of their time in a mobile browser.
- 27 percent of apps have reached 20 million people, an increase from 21 percent last year.
The report added, “App usage is a reflexive, habitual behavior where those occupying the best home screen real estate are used most frequently. Publishers must place more value on this real estate if they don’t want to lose out in the transition to mobile.”