Monitoring vendor Sysdig has published a new report based on real-world data about containers used in production environments. Interesting findings included the following:
- The Java Virtual Machine is the most popular application component used in containers.
- 83 percent of containers use the Docker runtime, down from 99 percent last year.
- 51 percent of containers use Kubernetes as an orchestrator; 11 percent use second-place Swarm.
- The median number of containers per host is 15, a 50 percent increase from last year.
- Containers don’t last long: 17 percent live less than a minute, 78 percent less than an hour, 89 percent less than a day and 95 percent less than a week.