On the first day of its annual F8 developer conference, Facebook made quite a few announcements. Here’s a quick rundown:
- Messenger gets chatbots and a Bot Engine.
- Facebook unveils Surround 360, an open source 360-degree virtual reality camera.
- Messenger and WhatsApp together deliver three times as many messages as SMS.
- Facebook releases new development tools, including Account Kit plug-in for authentication.
- Facebook Live gets an API for developers.
- All publishers can now use Instant Articles.
- Profile pictures can be videos.
- Rights Manager will address problem of stolen video content.