Analytics vendor App Annie has published a new report titled “App Annie Index 2013 Retrospective,” which takes a big picture look at the mobile development tends from the last year. Key takeaways from the report include the following:
- Freemium games accounted for 93 percent of mobile game revenue in 2013, an increase from 86 percent in 2012.
- Non-games that offered in-app purchases accounted for 57 percent of non-game revenue, up from 46 percent the previous year.
- Music app revenues climbed 75 percent.
- iOS generated nearly twice as much app revenue as Google Play, even though Google Play had more downloads.
- Japan beat out the U.S. to become the country with the most app revenue.