dcsimg
July 18, 2018
Hot Topics:

Discovering Arrays

• November 19, 2002
  • By Karl Moore
  • Send Email »
  • More Articles »

The very first time I encountered arrays, I have to admit I was confused.

And who wouldn't be in a subject that includes buzzwords such as elements, multi-dimensions, population, dynamics, fixed-sizes and explicit boundaries? Oh boy.

But arrays really aren't all that horrid. They're just a hyped-up a way of temporarily storing a load of information sort of a regular variable that holds lots of different bits of data.

If you're unsure what a variable is, check out my Beginning Visual Basic tutorial here.

If you care to join me, your host Karl Moore, in this article, we'll be:

• Figuring out what arrays are all about
  • Discovering how to use them within your apps
  • Checking out fixed-size and dynamic arrays
  • Covering a few neat tips and tricks
  • Getting all multi-dimensional

And all that without an ounce of geeky recondite language. Well, maybe just a little oh, come on, how would we nerds live without it? J

Top Tip: Why don't you print out this tutorial by clicking the print link to your right? This will allow you to work through the activities offline with greater ease.

Page 1 of 11

Comment and Contribute

(Maximum characters: 1200). You have characters left.

Enterprise Development Update

Don't miss an article. Subscribe to our newsletter below.

By submitting your information, you agree that developer.com may send you developer offers via email, phone and text message, as well as email offers about other products and services that developer believes may be of interest to you. developer will process your information in accordance with the Quinstreet Privacy Policy.

Sitemap

Thanks for your registration, follow us on our social networks to keep up-to-date