dcsimg
August 15, 2018
Hot Topics:

Review of CodeAssist

• November 19, 2002
  • By Karl Moore
  • Send Email »
  • More Articles »

Whilst I do have a couple o' small grumblings about CodeAssist, I'm just being a picky old prune. It's fair to call this the best code generator I've seen so far. And trust me, I've seen most of 'em.

<Karl's wallet knowingly groans>

Smart and easy-to-use, this product generates high-quality code and bundles with an extensive range of templates. And at #90, it doesn't break the bank for enterprise development.

Although the task of creating your own templates is available, the burden of having to learn a little extra syntax will probably deter most developers... but the option is there nevertheless.

And to answer my original question; yes, this product certainly is different from the rest. It blasts numerous low-quality competitors right out the skies.

Although such data access code isn't everyone's cup of tea, it does have a market—and CodeAssist meets the demand well. An excellent addition to any self-respecting geek's toolbox.

Erm, so long as you're not using Access 2000 databases.

Order CodeAssist from ComponentSource

You can download a demo of Sheridan's CodeAssist from their website at www.shersoft.com

Review copy kindly provided by retailer Contemporary, www.contemporary.co.uk

Page 3 of 3

Comment and Contribute

(Maximum characters: 1200). You have characters left.

Enterprise Development Update

Don't miss an article. Subscribe to our newsletter below.

By submitting your information, you agree that developer.com may send you developer offers via email, phone and text message, as well as email offers about other products and services that developer believes may be of interest to you. developer will process your information in accordance with the Quinstreet Privacy Policy.

Sitemap

Thanks for your registration, follow us on our social networks to keep up-to-date