dcsimg
October 20, 2018
Hot Topics:

Review of Transcender Exam Simulations

• November 20, 2002
  • By Karl Moore
  • Send Email »
  • More Articles »

For those nerds that haven't actually had the pleasure of sitting an amazingly exciting Microsoft examination, allow me to elucidate.

Back in the good ol' days I was talking about, folks like myself had a problem. Anyone could put "Visual Basic" on his or her CV - there was no real way of measuring knowledge.

Heck, I once read a pamphlet on economics, but don't want the job of Eddie George.

So in order to distinguish the I've-clicked-on-the-Visual-Basic-icon-'ers from the I-kinda-know-what-I'm-doing-'ers, Microsoft introduced a set of examinations covering everything from Windows NT to Visual Basic to, err, Windows NT.

Now because Bill Gates is a really, really evil man - he made these computer-based exams darn difficult and threw in a billion trick questions just for fun.

But this cold reputation makes them a highly prestigious addition to your resume.

Pass one single examination and you become a "Microsoft Certified Professional". Pass a number of examinations from a predefined list and you may even reach "Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer" (programmer) or "Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer" (network guy) status. With these qualifications on your CV, you will truly be a head geek.

The two products I'm looking at here are part of the new Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer route, which basically covers new development technologies such as Visual Basic 6 (more at www.microsoft.com/train_cert/).

I have here two CDs in rather fancy cases, containing the Transcender products for:

• 70-176: Designing and Implementing Desktop Applications with Visual Basic 6.0
  • 70-175: Developing Distributed Applications with Visual Basic 6.0

So, without further blabbling, let's get installing!

Page 2 of 4

Comment and Contribute

(Maximum characters: 1200). You have characters left.

Enterprise Development Update

Don't miss an article. Subscribe to our newsletter below.

By submitting your information, you agree that developer.com may send you developer offers via email, phone and text message, as well as email offers about other products and services that developer believes may be of interest to you. developer will process your information in accordance with the Quinstreet Privacy Policy.

Sitemap

Thanks for your registration, follow us on our social networks to keep up-to-date