See our complete list of Top Android Programming Integrated Development Environments.
- Unit testing
- Slack sharing
- Tutorial tool
- PhoneGap and Cordova integration
- Advanced editor with change tracking, markdown viewer and syntax checking
- Code refactoring
- Autocomplete and calltips
- Graphical debugging
- Customization capabilities
- Collaboration features
- Version control and integration with many popular development tools
Target operating systems: Cross-platform
Runs on:Windows, Linux, macOS
- Windows 7 or higher, Windows Server 2008 R2 or higher, macOS 10.9 or higher (64-bit only), or a supported Linux distribution
- 1GHz (or faster) x86 or x86_64 processor (Intel only for macOS)
- 1 GB RAM
- 250 MB hard disk space (350 MB of temporary hard disk space during installation)
Target audience: Professional Web and mobile developers
First production release: 2000
Most recent update/stable release: 10.2.3 (July 2017)
License: Komodo Edit has a Mozilla Public License; Komodo IDE is proprietary.
Price: Komodo Edit is free; Komodo IDE starts at $295 for a license along or $394 for a license plus upgrades and support. Team pricing is also available.
Benefits of Komodo IDE
In addition to the bevvy of features listed above, the Komodo integrated development environment (IDE) for web developers and mobile app development offers these code editing benefits:
- Support for Document Object Models and a built-in DOM viewer.
- CSS auto-completion and CSS overview.
- Built-in Regex editor for testing regular expressions against different RX engines.
- HTTP inspector.
- PhoneGap support, including mobile app emulators.
- Chrome Debgging
- Robust community offering great developer support and connetions.
# # #
Have you use done Android development with ActiveState’s Komodo? Share your favorite feature in the comments below!