See our complete list of Top Android Programming Integrated Development Environments.
Axway acquired Appcelerator, the original Titanium developer, in 2016. Axway kept the Appcelerator brand name for its mobile development platform, and Titanium as the name for the open source IDE and SDK within the platform. The company claims that the Appcelerator platform “powers mobility for 70 percent of the Fortune 100.” Its users include Avis, Bed Bath & Beyond, Comerica Bank and many others.
- Direct access to iOS and Android APIs
- Immediate support for new OS releases
- Visual designer
- Seamless integration with continuous delivery tools
- Hyperloop allows developers to run Java, Objective-C or Swift alongside code created with Titanium
Target operating systems:iOS, Android, Windows
Runs on:Windows, Linux, macOS
- A recent version of Windows, macOS or Ubuntu
- 2 GB RAM available memory
- Oracle JDK
First production release: 2008
Most recent update/stable release: Version 6.0.4 (April 2017)
License: Titanium alone is available under the Apache License 2. The Appcelerator platform is proprietary.
Price: Titanium alone is free. Appcelerator is free for Indie Seat (solo developer), $99 per seat per month for Pro Seat, pricing on request for Enterprise Seat. Cloud services require an additional fee.
# # #
Have you used Appcelerator Titanium? Share your favorite feature in the comments below!