Start learning how to develop for the Android platform with the Android Development 101 video series. In this first episode, Chris L. Bennett demonstrates how to create a traditional Hello World application. In just over four minutes, he:
- Shows the process of creating a new Android project;
- Provides a brief view of the project folder structure;
- Covers the main layout in the project, including modifications needed for the Hello World demonstration;
- Jumps into the source code and starts modifying it to capture button events and change text in the layout; and
- Demonstrates the code in the emulator, which simply allows the user to click a button and show the text change.
By the time the video ends, you will have created your first Android ‘Hello World’ application.