Ruby-on-rails is one of the top programming languages and frameworks for web development in the world. It can be used to rapidly develop websites and web applications, as well as database-driven apps. In this tutorial, we highlight some of the best online courses to learn Ruby-on-Rails web development – also known as just plain Ruby.
Where Can I Learn Ruby-on-Rails?
The Complete Ruby on Rails and Ruby Programming Bundle
Our first online course listed in this tutorial is actually a series of classes, known as a bundle. The Complete Ruby on Rails and Ruby Programming Bundle is actually made up of five training sessions lasting 14 hours. By the end of the course, students will have developed several applications, including a stock market app and a weather app, which they can use as part of a portfolio.
In addition to learning basic Ruby-on-Rails syntax and programming logic, pupils will learn:
- How to create an ozone air quality monitoring weather app by extracting data from a third-party government API
- How to create (and style) a stock market app using Ruby-on-Rails and the Bootstrap CSS framework.
- How to create a to-do list app and connect to a database to read and write data.
- How to create a cryptocurrency portfolio application to look up crypto prices and store information in a database.
You can learn more about this online Ruby-on-Rails course by visiting its TechRepublic Academy page: The Complete Ruby on Rails and Ruby Programming Bundle.
Comprehensive Ruby on Rails
The Comprehensive Ruby on Rails training course is 18 hours of in-depth coverage of important Ruby-on-Rails programming concepts. From server-side coding to database design, web development with HTML & CSS, to algorithm development and file manipulation, this Ruby course has everything you need to become a top notch developer.
Here are some of the topics covered and exercises you will perform in this computer programming course:
- How to build Ruby on Rails applications
- Learn about Rails scaffold generators
- Work with git repositories for your Ruby code
- Create your own custom file uploaders and downloaders
- Work with database and perform database modeling and database queries
- Create and process form data
- Configure and create secure user logins
- Build your own search engine for your app
- Learn web development through HTML and CSS
- Work within the Rails console and deploy apps to a website
- Learn how the Model-View-Controller (MVC) framework and architecture
- Dive into object-oriented programming principles (OOP)
To sign-up for this Ruby-on-Rails training, visit its page on TechRepublic Academy: Comprehensive Ruby on Rails.
The Complete Ruby on Rails 6 Bootcamp Certification Bundle
The Complete Ruby on Rails 6 Bootcamp Certification Bundle is a large group of Ruby courses that take an estimated 42 hours to complete. The training teaches you everything you need to know to be a certified Ruby developer. There are five courses in all, that teach you not only the basics of Ruby syntax and the Ruby-on-Rails framework, but also important web app development fundamentals, intermediate and advanced Ruby-on-Rails principles and concepts, how to work in the cloud, and how to work with ActionCable and real-time features in Ruby-on-Rails.
You can check out the full curriculum for this Ruby course by visiting its listing page: The Complete Ruby on Rails 6 Bootcamp Certification Bundle.
Pay What You Want: The Complete Ruby on Rails Master Class Bundle
The Pay What You Want: The Complete Ruby on Rails Master Class Bundle from TechRepublic Academy is, as its name suggests, a unique offering in the world of online Ruby-on-Rails training. Taught by Ruby guru Jordan Hudgens, this “super bundle” of programming courses discusses the basics of the Ruby-on-Rails framework, basic Ruby syntax, and these important programming topics:
- How to create a Rails application from scratch
- How to create a Git repository
- Applications and source version control basics
- How to deploy a web application to the web with Heroku
- Markdown syntax
- Manipulating files in a Git repository
- How to create a navigation bar in Ruby-on-Rails applications and make them fully functional
- How to create a Git branch
- How to install Bootstrap into a Rails application
- How to customize HTML tables in Rails apps
- Strftime data formatting
- Bug fixes and debugging in Ruby-on-Rails
To sign-up for this Ruby-on-Rails programming course, visit its TechRepublic Academy listing page: Pay What You Want: The Complete Ruby on Rails Master Class Bundle.