Yesterday, Borland Software Corporation announced the release of Borland® DelphiTM 7 Studio. DelphiTM 7 Studio is a cross-platform rapid application development (RAD) environment that integrates modeling, development, and deployment of Windows-based business and e-commerce solutions that fully supports new and emerging Web Services. This product also feature full support for new and emerging Web Services, integrated model driven development, and preview capabilities for the Microsoft® .NET Framework. Delphi 7 supports a first true model driven architecture with new UML solutions bundled in, updated cross-platform testing capabilities and Linux support with KylixTM 3.
Borland is the first to deliver the independent path to .NET with Delphi 7 Studio, a cross-platform rapid application development (RAD) environment for the Windows platform. Delphi 7 Studio also features enterprise application design and deployment allowing developers to take advantage of enterprise application development from concept to production faster with the new UMLTM designer and Model Driven ArchitectureTM (MDATM) technology.
New Features and Benefits of Borland. DelphiTM 7 Studio:
- Enterprise Application MDA Development: Speeds the development process by allowing developers to take an application from design to deployment while radically reducing the amount of code and development time required
- RAD Visual Web Development: Allows developers to visually build Web applications within the Delphi 7 Studio environment and eliminates common server side development tasks with its Application Mode framework to handle session management transparently
- Enterprise Class Reporting Capabilities: Allows developers to create cross-platform reports that help determine the efficiency of application performance
- Royalty-Free DataSnapTM Multi-tier Application Deployment (formerly MIDAS): New Delphi 7 Studio DataSnap licensing allows developers to seamlessly scale single-tier and client/server applications to multi-tier without additional runtime fee requirements
- Built-in Cross-Platform Support for Linux.: Delphi 7 Studio will be shipped with the Delphi language version of Borland KylixTM 3, the first high-performance, visual integrated development environment (IDE) for rapidly creating database, GUI, Web, and Web Services applications for the Linux operating system
- Windows XPTM Applications: Delphi 7 Studio includes Windows XP Theme support, allowing developers to create applications that take advantage of Windows XP User Interface themes
For more information or to download a 30-day trial version of Delphi 7 Studio Architect visit www.borland.com/delphi/.
Pricing and Availability
Borland Delphi 7 Studio is available in four editions: Architect, Enterprise, Professional, and Personal. A full Delphi language version of Borland KylixTM 3 ships with Delphi 7 Studio Architect, Enterprise, and Professional editions. Delphi 7 Studio Architect is priced at $3,499, Delphi 7 Studio Enterprise at $2,999, Delphi 7 Studio Professional at $999 and Delphi 7 Personal at $99.