Nokia Creates Fast Track for Advanced Mobile Developers
Nokia has launched Forum Nokia PRO, a subscription-based service for advanced developer companies worldwide that delivers premium levels of technical, business development and marketing support.
Targeted toward companies playing a leadership role in the evolution of mobile applications and services who need more direct and immediate access to Nokia's developer support services, the Forum Nokia PRO developer program is the most resource-intensive developer offering Nokia has ever made available. Subscribing companies will receive a developer kit for each year of membership, including a Nokia device, a developer book, SDKs and other membership items related to creating applications on Nokia Developer Platforms. In 2003, Nokia delivered 70 miilion Developer Platform compliant devices and plans to ship 100 million in 2004.
"Growing numbers of companies have embraced the development of wireless applications and services, and are seeking to work closely with Nokia to create, deploy and market their software. The rapid maturation of these companies has created greater demand for Nokia's technical expertise," said Lee Epting, vice president, Forum Nokia. "For these companies, we've created Forum Nokia PRO."
Forum Nokia PRO also gives members premium access to business development and marketing support organized by Forum Nokia, the developer relations group within Nokia. Opportunities for valuable exposure with Forum Nokia can include:
- Participation in Nokia invitation-only matchmaking events like Application Summits and Channel Days
- Nokia-driven developer-to-developer connections for co-marketing and partnering
- Forum Nokia business development team support
- Demonstration of applications in Nokia's booth at select trade shows and events
- Preferred consideration for inclusion in Nokia-published software catalogs distributed to mobile network operators and content aggregators around the world
- Nokia support for marketing and publicity activities undertaken by members
Forum Nokia PRO will be available to current and new members of Forum Nokia. The number of member companies permitted to join Forum Nokia PRO will be limited initially, and will be based on an application submitted to Forum Nokia, which can be found at www.forum.nokia.com/pro.
"This new program lets committed developers enjoy a new level of support and assistance from Forum Nokia," Ms Epting added. "It also lets us expend our developer resources as efficiently as possible, in a way that best serves the needs of all our developers."