Android Development 101: 'Hello World' in Four Minutes Flat
Start learning how to develop for the Android platform with the Android Development 101 video series. In this first episode, Chris L. Bennett demonstrates how to create a traditional Hello World application. In just over four minutes, he:
- Shows the process of creating a new Android project;
- Provides a brief view of the project folder structure;
- Covers the main layout in the project, including modifications needed for the Hello World demonstration;
- Jumps into the source code and starts modifying it to capture button events and change text in the layout; and
- Demonstrates the code in the emulator, which simply allows the user to click a button and show the text change.
By the time the video ends, you will have created your first Android 'Hello World' application.