Nominations for Developer.com Product of the Year Begin October 15
It's that time of year again, the end of summer vacations, children back in school, cooler days, and falling leaves. Here at Developer.com, it is time to choose which products will be the best to work with in their respective corner of the computer-programming world in 2008.
This is where we need your help. You have used many of the products in many of the categories listed here. Some of the products have not preformed as you wished or may have even failed you. Others have helped you build productive systems, build code at your finest, or debug easily. We want you to help us determine which products should be named the best in their category.
The categories for this year's contest will be:
- Technology: A concept, procedure, standard, or methodology, used to create, enhance, or support an application; not an actual product.
- Framework: A development and execution environment that includes different programming and scripting languages, libraries, and support programs and allow them to work together seamlessly.
- Development Tool: A product aimed at the creation of software applications and solutions.
- Development Utility: Debuggers, testing utilities, and other support tools and utilities.
- Database Tool or Add-in: A tool or add-in used in creating database applications.
- Wireless/Mobile Development Tool or Add-in: A tool or add-in used in creating wireless/mobile applications.
- Web Service Development Tool or Add-in: A tool or add-in used in creating Web services.
- Java Tool or Add-in: A tool or add-in used in creating Java applications.
- JSR: The JSR (Java Specification Request) created within the Java Community Process that has had the most impact on how you develop in Java.
- .NET Tool or Add-in: A tool or add-in used in creating .NET applications.
- Open Source Tool: An Open Source tool or add-in used in creating applications.
Nominations began on Monday, October 15 and will end on Wednesday, October 31. Final voting begins on Thursday, November 15 and ends on Friday November 30. The winners will be announced on Monday, January 14, 2008.
The companies whose products make it to the finalist position but do not win will be able to use our finalist logo to show that they are considered one of the tops in their field. The winners will be presented with an award and given the privilege of displaying the Developer.com Product of the Year 2008 Winner logo on their web site and associated marketing literature.
If you have any questions, contact Rosemarie Graham at rgraham (AT) jupitermedia.com.