Microsoft & .NETVisual BasicProduct Review: webzinc

Product Review: webzinc

Developer.com content and product recommendations are editorially independent. We may make money when you click on links to our partners. Learn More.

With a flash new web site, a groovy name and busting with features, the man from VB-World Karl Moore and his team of amazing programmers have just released a new piece of software — WebZinc. In this review, I’ll suss out if this new widget is worth buying and using.

I know it sounds strange to start with the help file, but I just had to mention it! This has to be one of the few help files that Ibve ever actually found of any use. I quick, easy introduction to using the product comes as light refreshment to the usual boring blurb that clearly no one has put any time into.

Karl leads you through just about everything that you need to get started, and, more importantly to get you interested using the product. Sample projects with step by step instructions are included to make using WebZinc for the first time a breeze.

Loading up VB and walking through the objects, methods and properties within WebZinc appear very logical, and easy to understand. From the moment I received the software, I realised that the makers of this software had not only made a quality product, but had also thought about the end user, and how they could make it easy for them.

Let me just chip in that WebZinc comes as an ActiveX DLL, which weighs in at a nice and light 212KB, so no problems with distribution. The DLL has a standard COM interface, so again, you can get at it from VB, ASP, C++, VBA and any other language with a standard COM interface — just what I like to see!

I could go into intricate detail about every feature, function and property of the DLL but I’ll be lucky if you’ve read this far, so here are just a few of it’s amazing features:

-Download a multitude of information from any site on the web (at last!)
-Fill in forms and submit them
-Dial the internet, upload and manage your web pages
-Some amazing string manipulation functions: Microsoft, take notice!

If I had to write this review with just two words, then these would be them:

BUY IT!

At only $139 you can not afford not to have this in your toolbox — so go ahead, visit http://www.webzinc.net/ now and grad your copy, you’ll be pleased you did!

Get the Free Newsletter!

Subscribe to Developer Insider for top news, trends & analysis

Latest Posts

Related Stories