Hot Topics:
RSS RSS feed Download our iPhone app

VB .NET Uncovered: Getting Started

• October 19, 2002
  • By Karl Moore
  • Send Email »
  • More Articles »

VB.NET will be big business.

You may not realise it now, but by the end of this year it's likely to be the hottest buzzword around. Erm, if it isn't already. As I type, industry magazines are crying out for anyone to write on the topic. I've personally had three offers so far this week.

And they don't even care if you know what you're talking about. The prerequisites? The ability to use the word "VB.NET" in every other sentence, know something about Visual Basic (any version) and be relatively familiar with the English language. And those last two are optional.

But why is there so much hype? Well, VB.NET is the next version of Visual Basic — and it brings with it a huge wad of changes.

We're not talking about a couple of controls here and there. A new keyword, a little extra functionality. Ohhh no. We're talking about a change so drastic, it's the biggest move Visual Basic has seen since... well, since it's birth back on my birthday in 1991.

Now wouldn't it be nice to learn about this new tool before the final version hits the market?

That's what this six-part series is here for. In just six laid-back weeks, I'll teach you all the VB.NET essentials. And I'll be speaking in plain English — no techie jargon this side of the Atlantic, thank ya very much.

But there's a lot to cover and time is running out. So brace yourself, coders as we prepare to face a new dawn in the history of programming.

At least, that's what the press release said.

Page 1 of 6

Comment and Contribute

(Maximum characters: 1200). You have characters left.

Sitemap | Contact Us

Rocket Fuel