Hot Topics:
RSS RSS feed Download our iPhone app

Jargon Buster

• November 19, 2002
  • By Karl Moore
  • Send Email »
  • More Articles »

"Lions and tigers and spiders oh my!"

Those are the eternal words of Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, as she slowly steps through the eerie forest, her heart pounding, her mind full of fear.

She feels lost and afraid, worried about what may happen, concerned about the scary whatnots just around the corner.

As I watched this scene, it struck me that I'd observed this exact sensation before. No, not because this was the tenth time I'd seen the flick. Rather, because those precise feelings can be found right here in our Visual Basic forums.

Dorothy just broke out into song and the world was at peace once again. Visual Basic developers however are hit by that rather annoying factor they call reality.

And no matter how good your rendition of Jitterbug, it ain't gonna get you out of the impending clasps of VB.Net, XML, SOAP and all the other terrifying buzzwords that are also 'just around the corner'.

So, pack away that 'How to Sing' book and pull up a chair as we attempt to banish your concerns by delving straight into the wonderful world of buzzwords!

Page 1 of 8

Comment and Contribute

(Maximum characters: 1200). You have characters left.

Sitemap | Contact Us

Rocket Fuel