November 21, 2014
Hot Topics:

Review of VB .NET Course

• March 19, 2001
  • By Karl Moore
  • Send Email »
  • More Articles »

I am an incredibly unlucky chap.

No, it's true. Readers of my weekly newsletter will testify that no matter how hard I try, learning about the new and elusive VB.Net technologies often turns into one big disaster.

Last year, the Microsoft press office accidentally overbooked at the .Net conference and left me standing at the gates. Is it me? They've since apologised for the confusion and informed me I'm on their "priority one" list, a group of journalists scheduled to be flown across the Big Pond to check out the latest hot tools. But dammit, I missed the plane.

So I headed down to London for DevWeek 2001 a short while ago, in anticipation of lots of juicy content, plenty of material to write about here at VB-World. Unfortunately the VB.Net speaker was a flop (sorry, Jeffrey) poorly prepared, terrible at not answering questions (no matter how unrelated) and never actually using the VB.Net development environment during his talks. In fact, I think he snatched much of his material from my own articles here on the site.

Yes, it's fair to say that I'm an incredibly unlucky .Net chap.

So when the Visual Basic User Group here in the UK offered me a place on one of their two-day VB.Net courses, I was dubious.

But, glutton for punishment, I accepted. And the outcome was very unexpected.

Page 1 of 3

Comment and Contribute

(Maximum characters: 1200). You have characters left.

Enterprise Development Update

Don't miss an article. Subscribe to our newsletter below.

Sitemap | Contact Us

Rocket Fuel