September 21, 2014
Hot Topics:
RSS RSS feed Download our iPhone app

What's New in VB7?

• November 19, 2002
  • By Karl Moore
  • Send Email »
  • More Articles »

Back in February, Microsoft announced that a new version of Visual Basic would soon hit the market. And that was that.

Eager journalists cried out for release dates, to which a vague "sometime in 2001" answer was given. All further questions What new features will it sport? How will it integrate with the Internet? Any additions on the OOP scene? were fended off by mysterious-looking Men in Black characters.

Six months down the line now and still the software giant is keeping most of the juicy Visual Basic 7 features close to its chest.

When I personally approached the company a month ago, requesting an alpha version of the software - I was told that only "select and key" individuals attending some far-flung conference were allowed a copy. They didn't even humour me with a simple feature list.

Thankfully however, last week I accidentally-on-purpose bumped into an old friend of mine that just happened to have a copy of the program lurking around in his CD collection. So I decided to take a sneak geek peek...

Page 1 of 2

Comment and Contribute

(Maximum characters: 1200). You have characters left.

Sitemap | Contact Us

Rocket Fuel