September 23, 2014
Hot Topics:
RSS RSS feed Download our iPhone app

Review of EasyHelp

• November 19, 2002
  • By Karl Moore
  • Send Email »
  • More Articles »

My first experience with creating help files came a fair few years ago, whilst eagerly reading a dusty Microsoft programming manual.

I remember thinking that creating even the simplest form of online help seemed a mammoth task. Inserting appropriate tags here, using curious line breaks there, saving in special file formats somewhere else.

What a load of tosh.

But surely my experience was simply a result of living in pre-popular computing times, when Microsoft didn't even have a website and WYSIWYG was merely a new fangled toupee?

Hmm, true, but even today most programmers avoid the task of creating their own help files. Way too difficult. Or is it?

Before writing this review, I personally dabbled with a number of leading help file creation tools. Some were too expensive, others focused purely on the enterprise scene, and yet others were just too darn difficult.

In this review, I'm taking a geek peek at EasyHelp, one of the elite couple that caught my eye.

It claims to make writing a help file easier than, err, it was. So let's see how it measures up...

Page 1 of 3

Comment and Contribute

(Maximum characters: 1200). You have characters left.

Sitemap | Contact Us

Rocket Fuel