October 23, 2014
Hot Topics:
RSS RSS feed Download our iPhone app

Review of CodeAssist

• November 19, 2002
  • By Karl Moore
  • Send Email »
  • More Articles »

Since discovering a primitive form of the Internet in the late 80's, I think I've gradually turned into a pessimistic programmer.

And it's no surprise; each and every day, my Inbox fills with the most fantastic offers ever. Earn $50,000 in a week, grab one free hour with Saucy Sue and her amazingly graphical webpage, find out anything about anyone, win a Caribbean holiday. Blah blah.

So yeah, I'm pretty wary of anything that wings it way into my e-mail package. And that includes details of the latest code 'generators'.

In the past month, I've been sent press coverage of the latest and greatest. They promise to save you hours upon hours of mundane coding, by automatically dipping into databases and generating data access code to meet your every whim.

They claim to be some sort of cure for the common code.

But I've tried them all and to date I've saved around thirteen seconds of development time—and lost about fifteen-hundred squid in the process. Oh great.

Still, when the people from Sheridan told me about their latest CodeAssist generator, I turned all gullible and thought... hmm, could this one be different?

Page 1 of 3

Comment and Contribute

(Maximum characters: 1200). You have characters left.

Sitemap | Contact Us

Rocket Fuel