ActiveX Control Tutorial - Part 1
Good Morning and welcome to the first instalment in this ActiveX control tutorial.
I'm your amazingly geeky host Karl Moore — and it's my job to ensure your ride on the Visual Basic train to ActiveX control land is an exciting one. Well, maybe just a slight-amusing one. Hmm, perhaps just a ride.
But don't let my pair of glass-bottle-bottom spectacles fool you - this isn't just a journey for mega-geeks.
Whatever Visual Basic programming experience you may have, learning about the wonderful world of ActiveX could improve your career, your bank balance and your love life*.
* (Love life claims based solely on life-long research by author Karl Moore and his numerous worldwide cyber-girlfriends)
Today, we'll be:
- Getting the low-down on ActiveX components
- Finding out the difference between ActiveX components and ActiveX controls
- Discussing a few nerdy things (too boring to mention)
- And... <drum roll> ... we'll be creating our own ActiveX control!
I know you're excited — but please, hold it in.
So without further ado, let's tootle off into the magical realms of ActiveX...