September 22, 2014
Hot Topics:
RSS RSS feed Download our iPhone app

Switch from DAO to ADO

• November 19, 2002
  • By Sam Huggill
  • Send Email »
  • More Articles »

A few days ago, I started a new project that handles a large database containing HTML code for a complete web site. The project has to allow the webmasters of the web site view all updates made to the site, when they were made and by whom. They can also edit the pages on the site, and automatically upload them.

This project requires the use of a fairly large database that needs to be accessed by many people from different PCs. I decided to use SQL Server as the back end to the project, but this meant that I couldn't use DAO to connect to it! What a pain!

So, I decided it was about time I started to learn ADO. I took a quick glance around on the net at my usual VB sites, but found little or no help for me on ADO.

Well, as we pride ourselves here at VB Square on adding original content, I decided I would write an article on using ADO.

This article is only really to get you started on ADO, and only discusses the connection and recordset objects. There are many more features of ADO that you will need to look into before you take on a project using ADO.

Page 1 of 5

Comment and Contribute

(Maximum characters: 1200). You have characters left.

Sitemap | Contact Us

Rocket Fuel