July 29, 2014
Hot Topics:
RSS RSS feed Download our iPhone app

Visual Basic Tutorial

• November 1, 2002
  • By Karl Moore
  • Send Email »
  • More Articles »

Hello and welcome to the first part of our exclusive Visual Basic tutorial!

I'm your slightly geeky host, Karl Moore. Professionally, I'm a technology journalist and solutions developer from the United Kingdom.

If you choose to join me over the next six weeks, I guarantee to build you up into a Visual Basic professional, step by step. And I'm asking for nothing in return.

Well, except maybe a bit of feedback. And perhaps fame. And hey, if you happen to have a few hundred bucks just lying around...

In this introductory article, we'll be taking a straightforward look at Visual Basic, or 'VB' if you're one of the young, trendy, hip-hop programmer types, like myself. We'll be answering questions such as - who created Visual Basic? What's all the hype about? Why are some versions more expensive than others? Heck, we'll even get down to some juicy coding.

But first, let me reassure all the shy readers out there. Don't worry if you have no idea what VB is all about. I don't either! Errr, just kidding, I guess.

I've done the full-round with VB. I've sat the course, read the book, passed the Microsoft exams and shot the movie ("Three Forms and a Little Module"). And I won't be using complicated terms you don't understand - instead, I'll be simplifying difficult-to-swallow programming concepts with real-life analogies.

And don't worry; I won't be treating you like a kid. You know Windows, you know how to click and double-click. So that's fine. And I won't be spending hours droning on about any one item; instead, I'll cunningly send you off exploring the more interesting areas, weaving little tasks into the tutorial to ensure you gain maximum understanding with plenty of hands-on experience.

And if I ever get too technical or you need assistance, bring me back down to earth with an insulting e-mail. Alternatively, you can stop by the VB forums at www.VBForums.com.

Whoah, I'm blabbling too much already. So, without further ado, let's dive feet first into the wonderful world of Visual Basic...

Page 1 of 6

Comment and Contribute

(Maximum characters: 1200). You have characters left.

Sitemap | Contact Us

Rocket Fuel