dcsimg
December 7, 2016
Hot Topics:

Setup Gallery Geekular!

• November 19, 2002
  • By Dax Pandhi
  • Send Email »
  • More Articles »

From the feedback I received, I have a feeling that a lot of you guys are stuck with the thought "D'oh, even if we customize setup1.vbp, how far can we go?"

Of course, I'm also pleased to announced that the majority of you guys knew what to do. Thanks to all you folks, innumerable to mention here, who have sent me their copy of setup1.exe! Though next time, please send me setup1.vbp and its files instead of setup1.exe J

But there still are people who are D'oh-ing as to where to go and how, so it's time to present the great, the one, the only Geekular Setup Gallery!!! <drum-roll>

The below images are snapshots from setup programs I created for a commercial product of mine and should give you an idea as to what's possible with Visual Basic.

Blow Up!
Strata3D
A cool mixture of blue and black. Note I used image boxes as buttons and used labels with MousePointer set to Custom and an icon as the MouseIcon. The labels acted as buttons and the images acted as the dummy-look of the buttons.

Blow Up!
Sunset3D
Desert sun with normal buttons, with Style set to Graphical and color set to match the background. This setup was originally created without that blue wash background just like all the others here.

Blow Up!
Cellular
This is one setup for which I barely made it through alive while selecting the perfect color for the labels and command buttons!!

Blow Up!
LegalPad
Specially made for attorney software or word processors. Doesn't it look cool?

Blow Up!
TechGATE
Inspired by that movie StarGate both look, feel and name! Note the command buttons are replaced with labels with dark background colors and light foreground colors. The colors range from white to black and all others are in between. Colors are very important and should be always placed nicely.

Blow Up!
StDWin
A Standard Windows like setup with familiar look and feel. The UI looks like a completely Win2k-based setup.

Images & Names Copyright © 1999-2000 Extreme TechnoVision/Trademarks of Extreme TechnoVision

I hope you're up to your neck in inspiration, you will create cool stuff.

For those interested, all the above were created with VB6 Enterprise, Bryce 4, 3D Studio MAX 3 and Corel Photo-Paint 9, but you can find lots of free graphics software on the Net if your budget is low ;)

Page 6 of 7

Comment and Contribute

(Maximum characters: 1200). You have characters left.

Enterprise Development Update

Don't miss an article. Subscribe to our newsletter below.

Sitemap | Contact Us

Thanks for your registration, follow us on our social networks to keep up-to-date
Rocket Fuel