October 23, 2016
Hot Topics:

Top Tips for Developing Components for ASP

• November 19, 2002
  • By Sam Huggill
  • Send Email »
  • More Articles »

You could ask Microsoft to put your page live on their site for testing, but I dont think they would be too pleased to do that. So, do you invite all your friends around to continually refresh your ASP page as you watch the server crash? No! You go and download the free Microsoft Web-Application Stress Tool of course.

Hidden away in a derelict part of Microsoft.com youll find the WAS. This excellent free tool allows you to hit your ASP page for days on end having detailed reports generated for you. You can find it at:http://webtool.rte.microsoft.com/ although its a fairly large download (about 9mb) so you may want to leave it to come down overnight.

Right, I best be off some more ASP components to write! In the meantime, have fun writing components for ASP (youll know what I mean when youve finished doing it, not during!) If you come across any more tips please let me know and Ill post them to this page. If youve got anything to say about this article or want to ask questions, please use the Post Feedback Now link at the bottom of this page. If you would like to send me cheques, gifts or other forms of thanks, use my email address: sam@vbsquare.com

Page 4 of 4

Comment and Contribute

(Maximum characters: 1200). You have characters left.

Enterprise Development Update

Don't miss an article. Subscribe to our newsletter below.

Sitemap | Contact Us

Thanks for your registration, follow us on our social networks to keep up-to-date
Rocket Fuel