October 23, 2014
Hot Topics:
RSS RSS feed Download our iPhone app

ActiveX Control Tutorial - Part 5

• November 21, 2002
  • By Karl Moore
  • Send Email »
  • More Articles »

This week, we've figured out how you can pack your groovy ActiveX control into a neat setup package.

We went on to tie up any loose ends and discussed how to change the toolbar control image, how class IDs work, figured out raising errors in code, took a peek at products to help with resizing and creating trial programs, looked at the Ambient object, plus even skimmed over how we can get our control online.

The tutorial then (finally) concluded with a look at what others have done with controls, plus a roundup of ideas for future practice.

Whew, I think we need a rest!

Hopefully this tutorial has helped you understand how to create your own ActiveX controls, plus given you an even greater knowledge of Visual Basic. I hope it gets you a better job, a pay rise, and possibly a small island near Hawaii. A girlfriend wouldn't go amiss neither.

Err, just don't forget me, OK?

But whatever you get up to, in and out of the Visual Basic realms, I'd like to wish you all the very best and thanks for joining me in our adventurous trip to ActiveX land.

So until the next time, this is Karl Moore signing off, hoping you all have a pleasant evening, wherever you are. Goodnight!

Page 6 of 6

Comment and Contribute

(Maximum characters: 1200). You have characters left.

Sitemap | Contact Us

Rocket Fuel