October 23, 2016
Hot Topics:

Headache, Eye Strain, and 2000 Fever

• November 19, 2002
  • By Ronald Garlit
  • Send Email »
  • More Articles »

I have had a really bad case of Office 2000 FEVER since September of last year (1999). That is still lingering. Those Object Models alone have had me off balance for months. Everyday I open up the object browser and find something new or different.

Im thrilled with the things we can pull off with the Word 9.0 Object Model. Ive got about 50 Meg of hard drive space filled with test code from that alone. Add to this that Office 2000 is equipped with VBA 6.0, which includes all the VB6 language features.

Now FrontPage, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Access are all packing VB editors on the tool menus. You have access to real database objects too. Yep, ADO 2.5 is in there replacing DAO. To fill any gaps any other object you want is just a check off in the References waiting for you. DAO is still there so dont worry. But now this means the VBA boys (and girls) can do real full-blown Client Server level programs right within these products.

As if having Office 2000 Fever and Windows 2000 Fever wasnt enough. There is another strain of 2000 fever going around.

Page 3 of 5

Comment and Contribute

(Maximum characters: 1200). You have characters left.

Enterprise Development Update

Don't miss an article. Subscribe to our newsletter below.

Sitemap | Contact Us

Thanks for your registration, follow us on our social networks to keep up-to-date
Rocket Fuel