October 28, 2016
Hot Topics:

Make a Light Chart Control

• November 19, 2002
  • By Sam Huggill
  • Send Email »
  • More Articles »

As I have already mentioned the RegisterData method, it would make sense to move onto that next. When calling the RegisterData method you will need to pass a two dimensional variant array. The array should look something like this:

Redim MyData(2, 20) As VariantMyData(0, 1) = 8

This sets the first point on the data series 0, to have a value of 8. You can use a loop to easily set up the array:

For i = 0 To 20MyData(0, i) = (Rnd  0.5) * 10 + INext I

This generates one data series with some 20 random values in it. You pass the array like this:

GraphLite1.RegisterData MyData()

The RegisterData procedure does some clever things with the array, and stores it in the internal array variable.

You can easily manipulate different parts of the graph control using the properties built in. You can change the title and its font, using the default Font property to set the style for everything else (the legend and axis measurements). You can change the colour and description of a data series on the legend using the SetSeriesOptions procedure.

Well, apart from some extra code in the Write and Read Properties methods, the only code left is to actually draw the graph.

Page 5 of 7

Comment and Contribute

(Maximum characters: 1200). You have characters left.

Enterprise Development Update

Don't miss an article. Subscribe to our newsletter below.

Sitemap | Contact Us

Thanks for your registration, follow us on our social networks to keep up-to-date
Rocket Fuel