October 23, 2016
Hot Topics:

Using VB to Build Your Web Site

• November 19, 2002
  • By Sam Huggill
  • Send Email »
  • More Articles »

Well, first of all I will take you through building your own PageGen application. It's quite simple. You first need to identify different areas in your HTML page that you might want to change. Here is an example:

<meta name="Keywords" content="Visual Basic">
<title>Test Page</title>
<body background=".,.images/mypic.gif">
<p>Some Text Here</p>

If this was my HTML page, then I would identify 3 sections. The first would be from the opening <html> tag to the closing </head> tag. This would be my header. The body section would be my content, and the </body></html> section would be my footer. Of course my content would probably be split up into more sections, but I am sure you can identify these yourselves.

Now that you have these sections, you need to identify where different bits of HTML will depend on which directory the page is in. E.g. If a page is in the root dir, it will need a different reference to an image location then a page in a sub dir.

I will use the demo page (above) and base the PageGen program around that. The first place where something will differ from page to page is the <title> tag. So, I will copy from the first <html> tag to the end of the meta tag and paste this in a text box called txtHeader. That is the only large amount of text that I will be using at one time, so I don't need to copy and more.

Page 3 of 5

Comment and Contribute

(Maximum characters: 1200). You have characters left.

Enterprise Development Update

Don't miss an article. Subscribe to our newsletter below.

Sitemap | Contact Us

Thanks for your registration, follow us on our social networks to keep up-to-date
Rocket Fuel