July 28, 2014
Hot Topics:
RSS RSS feed Download our iPhone app

Review of SolutionCert 70-100 from Transcender

• November 19, 2002
  • By Karl Moore
  • Send Email »
  • More Articles »

I've been impressed with exam simulations from Transcender before. And their latest offering is no exception.

In all honesty, I was initially doubtful that a company which previously knocked out relatively simple multi-choice programs could confidently stroll down the completely alien Case Study Avenue. I was wrong.

The Transcender package, in its awfully groovy transparent CD case, comes complete with three pre-programmed examinations, each containing an average of twelve questions. And approximately four of those questions are complete case studies - meaning you're presented with a separate screen in which you can analyse details of a proposed system and design flows and so on, around it.

Blow Up!

From Web-based report tracking applications to warehouse inventory programs, the similarity of these case studies to the real thing genuinely amazes me. It's as though they entered Bill's office one night and stole the question lists...

[Transcender managers blush - particularly the one wearing a balaclava and holding a set of keys curiously titled 'Seattle Offices']

Features such as results graphing and in-depth explanations of each question are also thrown in, as is typical of most Transcender products. But I shan't delve into such intricacies here - check out my previous geek-peeks at their products at WinPlanet.

Any bad features? Well, unless you install bulky 'security files', you have to work with the CD in your drive. And organising a few of the flow diagrams on-screen got a little messy, with connecting lines sprawled all over. But on the whole, it all worked swimmingly.

Oooh, but I forgot something. I wish to complain about Transcender's impeccably high pass rates of 85%... simply unachievable and even higher than Microsoft's own standards! Tut tut...

Page 2 of 3

Comment and Contribute

(Maximum characters: 1200). You have characters left.

Sitemap | Contact Us

Rocket Fuel