August 20, 2014
Hot Topics:
RSS RSS feed Download our iPhone app

Visual Basic Tutorial - Part 6

• November 6, 2002
  • By Karl Moore
  • Send Email »
  • More Articles »

Congratulations! You've successfully mastered the foundations of Visual Basic. But where do you go from here?

Your best bet is to grab a Visual Basic book and start working through it, front to back. I recommend either:

• Beginning Visual Basic 6, from Wrox Press (www.wrox.com), or
  • Visual Basic 6 from the Ground Up, from Osborne (www.osborne.com)

(Ed - Check out more books at http://www.vb-world.net/books/)

And if you really want to prove you're king of the nerds, you'll probably want to take a Microsoft Visual Basic examination, such as "Developing Applications with VB"

For more information, head down to Microsoft's examination site at www.microsoft.com/train_cert/

And if you're wondering what those petrifying examinations are like, tinker with the Transcender samples at www.transcender.com

They offer sample Microsoft examinations which are suspiciously similar to the real thang...

But that's all for me. This is Karl Moore drawing this Visual Basic tutorial to a close. It's goodnight from me, and it's goodnight from me. Goodnight!

Karl's Visual Basic Tutorial Index

Visual Basic Tutorial
Visual Basic can be confusing, especially for newbie programmers. But don't worry - here to help is technology journalist and head geek Karl Moore, with the first installation of his up-and-coming Visual Basic tutorial!

Visual Basic Tutorial - Part 2
Karl Moore returns with the third instalment of our exclusive no-geek-speak Visual Basic tutorial. This week, Karl gets his hands dirty with variables and conditional logic, so get out your nerds dictionary!

Visual Basic Tutorial - Part 3
Karl Moore returns with the third instalment of our exclusive no-geek-speak Visual Basic tutorial. This week, Karl gets his hands dirty with variables and conditional logic, so get out your nerds dictionary!

Visual Basic Tutorial - Part 4
Karl Moore gives you the buzz about looping, grabbing information from users and subs, as always without geek-speak!

Visual Basic Tutorial - Part 5
Karl Moore returns with another geek-speak free guide to Visual Basic coding. This week, Karl explains what methods, events and properties actually are, as well as delving into the enigmas that are functions. Lets code geek-to-geek baby!

Visual Basic Tutorial - Part 6
Head geek Karl Moore returns with the final instalment of his popular jargon-free VB tutorial!

Page 7 of 7

Comment and Contribute

(Maximum characters: 1200). You have characters left.

Sitemap | Contact Us

Rocket Fuel