October 26, 2016
Hot Topics:

Beginning ActiveX - Part 2

• November 19, 2002
  • By John Percival
  • Send Email »
  • More Articles »

Well done! You can now class yourself as a VB-World ActiveX geek (if you want). Hopefully I have made clear this often confusing topic. Before long, you will be creating your very own supercool, all singing, all dancing ActiveX controls. If you think that you are absolutely amazing and that you have created the best ActiveX control that will bring peace to the world, send it to us, and you may find you name appearing beside it in our demos section.

Just as a little taster of what you can do, you can download a simple control I cobbled together. It is a scrolling label, using only topics covered in the past two articles.

However, I must admit that I did cheat a bit. I used the ActiveX Control Interface Wizard. Since we seem to have had lots of body metaphors so far, I will describe it thus: The AXCIW creates the muscles on the framework of bones; all you have to do is add the vital organs. It works by mapping members of the constituent controls on the Usercontrol to the members of the Usercontrol. You can easily add your own code onto the code that it provides. Have a play with it: it should reduce the time to produce an ActiveX control enormously.

I guess that I had better stop there. You are probably getting bored of me, and you probably can't wait to get on and make your own controls.

Until next time,

John Percival

Page 7 of 7

Comment and Contribute

(Maximum characters: 1200). You have characters left.

Enterprise Development Update

Don't miss an article. Subscribe to our newsletter below.

Sitemap | Contact Us

Thanks for your registration, follow us on our social networks to keep up-to-date
Rocket Fuel