- It memorizes MSDN Library Contents Tree layout for every Workspace.
- Favorites Topics list is now available from Visual Studio, not only MSDN. However, there is one additional feature - you can also recall other types of documentation you use, such as CHM, Win Help and simple text files, Microsoft Word ) Documents, Adobe Acrobat ) Portable Document Files and HTML. You can also open Browser Database files (.bsc) from there - for example, I find it useful to quickly load MFC.bsc.
Known issues:On Win2000, after MSDN is started, sometimes Visual Studio's window won't be brought to foreground. I think this isn't bug but feature of SetForegroundWindow() function.
After exiting Visual Studio, don't close MSDN Library by yourself - let Visual Studio do it for you (it should take up to ten seconds).
E-Mail: email@example.com New versions: http://fly.srk.fer.hr/~gmit/smarthelp.htm http://www.codeguru.com Snail Mail: Goran Mitrovic Trg kralja Tomislava 5 48000 Koprivnica Croatia Europe
SmartHelp Version History:
- 1.1 : March 28, 2000
- In Add Favourite dialog, Expand item option is now disabled in meaningless situations
- 'Always open MSDN' option changed to much more useful 'Open MSDN with Workspace'
- If the MSDN isn't opened, and you pressed F1-key or selected MSDN Favourite, after opening, MSDN's Contents tree layout will be restored. This feature won't work if you have Visual Assist version earlier than 126.96.36.1990.
- Added Advanced dialog (probably uninteresting for most users)
- Bug fixed - crashing while opening Workspace
- Bug fixed - using Workspace's Help.layout file after closing Workspace
- Some minor internal changes
- 1.01 February 16, 2000
- Added support for at least one more version of MSDN Library
- 1.0 February 13, 2000
- Initial release
Disclaimer:I simply cannot and won't be responsible for any damage made with SmartHelp. I can only hope such scenarios are impossible.
Downloads:Download add-in - 878 Kb
Download source - 279 Kb