More Ways to Maximize SharePoint's Out-of-the-Box Features
- In the Scopes sections, click on View Scopes (see Figure 3).
- Click on New Scope (see Figure 4).
- Type in a Title and Description in the provided fields and specify whether the search results will be displayed in the default search page or a custom page (see Figure 5), and then click OK.
- The new search scope will now be displayed in the View Scopes page, as shown in Figure 6.
- Click on Add Rules next to the new search scope.
- Select Content Source in the Scope Rule Type section.
- In the Content Source section, select the content source (from Step 2) and click on Include in the Behavior section, then click OK.
- The scope will be ready to be used in the Site Collections within the farm after it indexes the file share.
Figure 3: Scopes setting page
Figure 4: View existing scopes
Figure 5: Create new scope
Figure 6: New search scope
Figure 7: Add rules to search scope
Figure 8: New search scope with rules applied
Page 2 of 5