SQL Server Reporting Services: Getting Started
- Click 'New Data Source' to set up the link with the database that will be used as the data source for the generated report.
- Once Data Source has been set up, go to the details page of Data Source and Generate Model for the Data Source.
- Once Data Source has been set up and Model has been generated successfully, the Report Manager home will have two entries, as shown in Figure 5:
- The next step is to design the report.
- Click on 'Report Builder'. It will launch a new application that provides a workspace for designing the report using the Data Model generated above (see Figure 6).
- Select the Model generated above and click 'OK'.
- For this walkthrough, the sample database used has only one table. It has the following structure:
Figure 4: Setting up Data Source
Click here for a larger image.
Figure 5: Report Manager
Figure 6: Report Builder Workspace
Figure 7: Data Structure
Page 3 of 4