A Look at the HTI+ Certification
HTI+ Facts to Remember
The following list contains facts about the HTI+ that you should know as you prepare to take the exams:
- There are 100 identification and situational multiple-choice questions on both HTI+ exams with a 90-minute period given on each exam for completion. A score of 650 on each exam is required to pass.
- Once you are HTI+ certified, you will never need to renew because all CompTIA certifications are for life.
- You can register for the HTI+ exam through either Prometric or Pearson VUE testing services. Contact Prometric at www.2test.com or Pearson VUE at www.vue.com.
- The exam codes for the first and second HTI+ exams are HT0-101 and HT0-102.
- The cost structure for the HTI+ exam is dependent on the volume of purchases and CompTIA membership. The following grid from CompTIA gives you an idea of the pricing structures for the HTI+ exams:
|Quantity||Corporate Member Pricing||Non Member Pricing|
Undoubtedly, there are some exciting things happening with home technology. While we may be a long way from a Jetson lifestyle, we are moving rapidly toward some very smart homes that can make your busy life a little easier. If you are in a business that deals with any number of home functions, as listed earlier in the article, or if you are interested in becoming a professional in home automation, the HTI+ certification is for you. Many "heavyhitters" in home and technology services, such as Sears, Best Buy, and CompUSA, are behind this credential. Before they send a home automation technician to a customer's home, these different groups are going to look for an HTI+ certification within the technician's credentials. If you are looking to get your home automated in any way, an HTI+ certified technician is what you want as well. As you can tell from the objectives lists we covered earlier, an HTI+ certified technician will need to be well versed in many areas and this bodes well for any customer looking to automate their home.
Page 2 of 2