Exposing a Database as a Web Service, Page 3
Inserting a New Person Object
Inserting a person object also can be done using a REST call. You need to pass the id, name, address, and the age to add a new person into the table. You can pass them as URL query parameters, as you can see below.
&name=Peter&address=No 5, Colombo, Sri Lanka&age=56
You now have a very good understanding about exposing a database as a Web Service using Axis2. The sample you did was a very simple one, but you can write any complex example using this approach. If you have a good understanding about Databases and Axis2, you can do very cool stuff. Trying out the sample and creating your own sample will help you to understand the concept very clearly.
- The ServiceLifeCycle implementation class
- All the files accompanying this article
- Axis2 deployment architecture: www.developer.com/open/article.php/3557741
- Six ways of deployment: www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/ ws-axis2soap/index.html
- Axis2 POJO: http://www.developer.com/java/other/article.php/ 10936_3726461_3