Survey: Globally 55% of Developers Make $1,000 Per Month
Mobile advertising firm InMobi has released a new report on the state of the global mobile development industry that is based on a survey of 1,089 developers in 155 countries. It finds that the average developer worldwide earns about $1,000 per month, and the average app brings in less than $6,000 per month. Other key findings from the report include the following:
- 86 percent of mobile development pros write Android apps; 57 percent target iOS.
- Only 21 percent of respondents write Windows Phone apps, but they cited the platform as their biggest moneymaker.
- Java is the most popular programming language for mobile developers.
- 43% of developers say marketing is their biggest challenge.
- 34% of developers say money is their biggest motivator for developing apps.
- Only 6% of mobile developers surveyed were female.