Stack Overflow Releases 2016 Developer Survey Data
Stack Overflow has released the full data from its 2016 survey of 56,000 developers. Here are some of the key findings:
- The most common job titles in the survey were full-stack web developer (28.0 percent), back-end web developer (12.2 percent), student (11.4 percent), mobile developer (8.4 percent) and desktop developer (6.9 percent).
- Developers prefer to be called "developers" (71.6 percent) versus "programmers" (60.3 percent) or "engineers" (41.8 percent).
- Most full-stack developers know five or six major languages or frameworks.
- 92.8 percent of the developers surveyed were male.
- 69.1 percent of developers surveyed are partially of fully self-taught.
- Only 1.8 percent of developers are unemployed.
- The best-paying technology are F#, Dart, Cassandra and Spark.