Revenue, Hiring Soar at Software Firms
A new report from the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) and OPEXEngine finds that the past twelve months have brought software vendors their biggest revenues since the 2008 recession. Key stats from the report include the following:
- On average, private software firms grew 55% in 2014, up from 42% the previous year.
- The fastest-growing software companies saw revenue increase by 150%.
- On average, software firms plan to boost hiring by 32%.
- The fastest-growing software companies plan to boost hiring by 43%.
- West Coast firms are getting three times as much investment capital as East Coast firms.