Report: 6% of Mobile Gamers Generate 51% of Revenue
New research from EEDAR reports several trends of interest to the mobile development industry. Noteworthy takeaways include the following:
- The number of mobile gamers in North America increased from 111 million in 2013 to 142 million in 2014.
- The average gamer spent $32.65 on games over the last twelve month, generating a total of $4.6 million for the mobile development industry.
- 50 percent of gamers play on both smartphones and tablets, while 35 percent use smartphones exclusively.
- The top 6 percent of mobile gamers are responsible for 51 percent of revenue.
- 45.7 percent of gamers have never paid anything for games.
- The average age of a mobile gamer is now 27 years old, down from 34 years old last year.