Programming Predictions for the Next Five Years
InfoWorld has put together a list of twelve programming predictions that they think will take place in the next five years. Some of the items on the list, like more sophisticated database analytics, seem to be near-certainties, but others, like Android on every device, seem more debatable. Here's their list:
- "GPUs will be the next CPUs."
- "Databases will perform increasingly sophisticated analysis."
- "Android on every device."
- "The Internet of things -- more platforms than ever."
- "Open source will find new ways to squeeze us."
- "WordPress Web apps will abound."
- "Plug-ins will replace full-fledged programs."
- "Long live the command line."
- "Dumbing it down will fail."
- "Outsourcing and insourcing will remain deadlocked."
- "Management will continue to misunderstand coders and coding."