Eclipse Survey Shows Strong Momentum for Git, Java, Mobile Development
The Eclipse Foundation has released the results of its annual Eclipse Community Survey. It asked 732 developers who use the open source Eclipse IDE a variety of questions about their preferred development tools and opinions. Here are some highlights:
- Less than half of those surveyed said their organizations are deploying applications in cloud computing environments.
- Java remains the most popular programming language for Eclipse users.
- Subversion is the most popular version control system, but Git use grew from 13 percent in 2011 to 27 percent this year.
- The number of respondents involved in mobile development projects increased from 35 percent last year to 43 percent this year.
- 60 percent of mobile developers surveyed use only native SDKS, not a cross-platform framework.